Pages


Friday, February 4, 2011

Personal Bubbles

MIS 2200, Business Communications, is one of my last classes before I graduate.  Last Wednesday we discussed that various cultures have different acceptable proximities for how close we should be when talking with one another.  She showed us a hilarious clip from Seinfield about this very thing.  The next day I was walking out of my class and all of the sudden I felt someone looking at me.  I looked up and there was this guy who was about 10 inches away from me.  I rudely started to laugh thinking this cannot be happening.  Sure enough he just continued to walk by me asking my name and where I was from.  I felt very rude because every one of my answers I kept busting up laughing.  I finally had to apologize saying that I had just seen something funny.  I figured it's not really lying if what I had seen was him.  Life is so ironic sometimes.  I had just been watching a clip the day before about personal space and on Thursday I experienced someone intruding into mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment